Have Shears Will Travel was founded with the intent to provide the best service and care to our furry family. In these uncertain times we have extended that to the safety and health of all our clients and family. Now that businesses are striving to return to as close to normal as safely possible we have been working to do everything possible to keep proving that service to our furry family, while keeping their human guardians & family safe & healthy. While I have been fully vaccinated (& Boosted) and life is slowly returning to some normalcy; now is not the time to let our guard down.
House call pet grooming provides unique social distancing challenges, but we are dedicated to meeting them. While I have returned to grooming indoors through the winter months, as the weather warms we may discuss if a hybrid indoor/outdoor model works best for you. With this I would wash they pets indoors as usual but complete the rest of the groom outdoors. This would allow the bulk of my time to be out of the family’s personal space.
The following is an outline of the steps I’m taking to prevent accidental spread of the virus upon a return to grooming within the client’s home:
· While fully confident of your home’s cleanliness, all surfaces I or your pet may come in contact with will be disinfected before and after the grooming process.
· We may reassess where the grooming process takes place within your home. We will work together to find a place out of your way in a non-high traffic area.
· If anyone in the household is feeling unwell on the day of the appointment please let me know. Grooming will be rescheduled, and any applicable cancellation fees will be waived.
· You are welcome to watch as always. However, per CDC guidelines, a social distance of 6 feet minimum should be maintained and masks must be worn.
· For the safety of my other clients and family, masks must be worn correctly by any family member within 6 feet of the grooming process.
· I will be wearing a mask for the entirety of the grooming process
· All tools used on the pets will be sterilized between grooming appointments using a UV sterilizer box
· As always, I will provide a fresh, single use towel
· Electronic payments are preferred, but I will still be accepting cash or checks for your convenience
· For those clients who have not filled out
Service Agreements, please download and send them to me electronically. These can be found here. I will not be taking new paper copies for the time being. You can print and sign, then take a picture of the signed form and text it to me to keep on file.
Thank you for your patience and understanding in our desire to keep our immune compromised clients and family safe. If you have any other questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me. Stay safe and healthy!